Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Competition In Other Places


…but the horns, they’re blowing down south.

There’s your Dire Straits moment-of-the-day.

Here’s your chance to get your butt on tour and see how you measure up to other golfers. And for those Caddyshack fans, some would say they measure up to other golfers “by height”.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/amateurtour/

The Golf Channel’s Amateur Tour calls for golfers of all skill levels to accept the challenge of Tournament-style golf and get a little taste of what it’s like on Tour. The Amateur Tour operates in various regional outlets in the U.S, including two in the Chicagoland area. Initial membership is $200 and you can play in any tournament, anywhere on the Amateur Tour (as long as there is still room in the event.).

I have joined the Tour and, with approval, will hopefully be playing in my first event in Lake Worth, FL in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck!

Another thing they’re big on is the notion of “Ready Golf”, which is something that I try to follow, regardless of whether I’m playing for fun or money.

http://www.gcatchicago.com/ReadyGolf.html

I’ve been trying to find ways in which to blog about slow golfers without coming off like a complete ass. And as I see there is no benign way to approach this subject. All I will say is that anyone that I play golf with should read this and print it out.

I am not saying I’m perfect. I found items on the “Ready Golf” sheet in which I was perfectly guilty. But golf is a 4-hour round… period. 4 ½ hours is barely tolerable, but a 5-hour round is ridiculous.

If you love golf as much as I do, PRINT OUT THIS MANUAL AND READ IT.

I think the game will be more enjoyable for everyone if you do. And when I say "everyone" that goes for those in your group, those ahead and those behind.

And yes... I'm looking for an argument today, you slow-playing, deliberate douchebag .

Seja o primeiro a comentar

There was an error in this gadget
The Editors of In Between 18 respect the rights of copyright owners everywhere. Unless otherwise noted, the images and/or linked content contained within the Blog are the property of their respective copyright owner(s) and are utilized only as a supplement to the posted written content contained within the Blog.

THANKS FOR COMING. HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON

In Between 18 ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO