Tuesday, July 15, 2008

THE Open And A Longshot

Just a brief note regarding IB18’s debut on radio last night. It went very well and I had lots of fun. If you missed it, I’m sure you’ll be able to hear the recorded show on their website once it is posted at http://www.golfersongolf.com/

You will also be able to find their link on my blogroll, as I have added them.

I also wanted to thank Mike Munro of White Pines Golf Club and Bill Berger of the IPGA for having me on their show. It was loads of fun, a comfortable atmosphere and a great golf lover’s forum. I hope I can make it back sometime soon.

And now, for those interested in the British Open (aka The Open Championship) I’ll give you a longshot for those looking for some long time money or for those simply willing to throw their money to the wind. Or perhaps laying big money on the field (usually around 3-1 or greater) is another way to increase your odds of winning.

Now that I think about, am I breaking the law by offering on-line odds without a license?

Oh, well.

If there is a guy that I like to come in under the radar and take the Claret Jug, it’s Ryuji Imada.

He’s quietly having a great year on the PGA Tour as he is currently 9th on the Money List and 7th on the FedEx Cup list. With a victory at the AT&T Classic back in May and Two-2nd place finishes (Buick, PODS) he’s ready and raring to make an impact on a much larger stage at Royal Birkdale.

Moreover, his stat numbers aren’t too shabby. He’s 11th on the PGA Tour in Putting (1.75/hole) and his Final Round Scoring Average is good for 3rd at 69.33, meaning that he could make a good thrust up the leaderboard, should he make it past Friday.

The one stat that also sticks out for me is his Scrambling (9th on PGA Tour). When he misses a GIR, he makes par or better 63% of the time. With Birkdale’s swirling winds, bumpy, mound-ridden fairways and a rough that can eat your ball up, knowing how to save par comes at a premium and Imada has shown he can do such a thing.

2 Comentários:

DC said...

I never got the email about your radio debut. Let me know when it comes online!

Dee Dee said...

I watched the Open yesterday afternoon....what a course.....even in the rain....can't wait to hear your radio debut on line.

There was an error in this gadget
The Editors of In Between 18 respect the rights of copyright owners everywhere. Unless otherwise noted, the images and/or linked content contained within the Blog are the property of their respective copyright owner(s) and are utilized only as a supplement to the posted written content contained within the Blog.

THANKS FOR COMING. HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON

In Between 18 ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO